Book Review: Nimravid: Book One of The MacFade Chronicles by D.L. Greeley




If you love long epic fantasies as much as I do, you don't want to miss this one.  Magic, demons, vampires, this story has everything in it that makes a fantasy novel great. I found myself so drawn into this riveting story filled with magical powers, weapons, battles and an unlikely hero that I couldn't put the book down.

Given the length of this action thriller, it’s amazing how well the plot was developed and wonderfully paced. The author did a fantastic job of writing descriptive passages and dialogue between the characters to give the reader a full scope of the story and developed characters who were distinctive and intricately connected.  The main character, Mack, is an intriguing yet complex unusual hero. Actually, I found myself questioning my feelings about whether he could even be considered a hero at times throughout the story, because he doesn’t always come across as one of the “good” guys.  However, I think the questionable nature of his character brings a fresh element of realism to this fantasy fiction novel.

I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy fiction.  It has some very interesting and unexpected twists and turns that lovers of the genre are sure to enjoy!


Nimravid: Book One of The MacFade Chronicles by D.L. Greeley is available at Amazon.com.


Reviewed by: Sarah Holloway

Comments