Masque: Choices, A Gaston Leroux Phantom of the Opera Romance Series, Book One Caridad Martin




Excerpt from "Masque: Choices, A Gaston Leroux Phantom of the Opera Romance Series, Book One"

The Persian has intimate knowledge of Erik’s bloody past. He followed him, across continents to keep a check on Erik’s sanity. Erik asks for his help to marry Christine. The Persian’s soft heart drives him to agree to support Erik’s last chance for love.
Erik doesn’t ask for much:

“A living wife. A companion for a short while, before I die...A few months at most. We both know I am at the end...how long can my heart hold out? Pain grips my heart, threatening to shred it to bits. Even I,” he said after a slow, reflective pause, “even I, deserve a little joy before my wretched life comes to a close. The desolation alone is killing me.”
Alone with Christine for a few moments, he feels he must warns her: “If he ever comes to believe that you have betrayed him, he will hurt you…If you ever need my help, wear red, as much red as you can find.”

Masque: Choices, A Gaston Leroux Phantom of the Opera Romance Series, Book One Caridad Martin is available at Amazon.com.

Comments