Book Review: A-C-T Like A Kid And T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent by Katherine Shears,‎ C.S. Whitehurst





“A-C-T Like A Kid And T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent” gives the reader a unique and fresh perspective on communication within the parent/child relationship through offering guidance to kids on how to communicate with their parents. Shears and Whitehurst wrote this book for kids age 10 and up.  They give readers a frank and honest look at the interaction between kids and their parents and offer applicable steps and advice that kids can take to make their relationship with their parents a little smoother. I like this book for its holistic and systemic view on parent-child relationships and the practical tips the authors give to kids. It discusses in detail what parents think about their children and why they do the things they do in a way to help children gain an understanding of the thought process of parents when it comes to decision making about their children.

 I wish I had a book like this one when I was a teenager to help me understand my some of my parent’s decisions.  Also, I think that if we all can realize how we engage in the parent/child relationship we will get the chance to step down from a non-constructive dance of arguing and misunderstanding one another and renew our family relationships. If you have teens or children who will soon be teens, this should be on your bookshelf! I highly recommend.

Reviewed by:
Sarah Holloway, Blogger
Indie Book News and Reviews



A-C-T Like A Kid And T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent is available at Amazon.com.

Comments