Interview with Stevie Greenfield, Author of "The Obsession"

 


Digital Book Nook recently caught up with Stevie Greenfield, author of “The Obsession.” We are excited to share this insightful interview with our readers today. 

When did you first discover that you enjoy writing and wanted to become a published author?

Since my childhood, I’ve always enjoyed writing. I have kept a notebook of potential stories for decades. I finally sat down, picked one, and let the words flow. Once it was written, publishing it and seeing others purchase it gave me not only validation but a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.

What is your favorite and the most challenging aspect of writing?

That’s easy. Sitting down and immersing myself in the story as I was writing was amazing. The challenge?….fine-tuning the words, searching for typos, and making sure it was perfect.

Tell us about your latest release.

The Obsession. A chance glimpse of young Andrea dancing in her bedroom becomes an obsession. Is it love or lust? Andrew’s life will soon become complicated. His mind spins out of control. A fantasy fueled by desire will become an addiction. The more he watches, the more he wants. Like all dangerous drugs, more can never be enough….until it’s too late. Follow Andrew’s journey down the rabbit hole of desire.

How did you come up with the title of your book?

Like the words in my book which I carefully chose, one by one….the title was a process. In the end, I chose to keep it simple.

What do you hope readers are able to get from reading your story?

I have read my book dozens of times. I loved the story every time! I hope my readers feel the same way.

Who are some of your favorite authors?

I’m a writer, not a reader. I do not have a favorite author. I prefer to create my own fictional realities.

Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?

Write your book and publish it yourself. No one will love your book more than you. Of course, this means it will be up to you to market it….it will take time and money. You will have to learn an entirely new skill set. Or you can just place it on Amazon for free….and you’ll sell a dozen or so books to your family & friends.

Follow Stevie: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Website

The Obsession can be purchased at the authors website: steviegreenfield.com 


Comments